Have your own one-to-one or small group photography course with Nigel Hicks
● One-to-one tuition for those who want very close personalised photography courses;
● Bespoke photography courses for groups of friends or work colleagues, and work place photography training.
Nigel can provide individually tailored photography workshops, designed to meet your specific needs, whether it’s for one-to-one or small group tuition.
Personalised photography courses tailored to you
Our personalised photography courses are run in the southwest of England, mostly in Devon, but also in Somerset and Dorset. They cover mostly landscape and wildlife photography, though we can also offer garden and architectural photography workshops.
In running these courses, the photo locations we use are mostly in:
- Dartmoor National Park;
- Exmoor National Park;
- The Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site;
- Devon’s Atlantic coast;
- The south coast of Devon.
The aims of a full-day or half-day of photography with me are to:
- Teach general camera handling skills to enable you to make the best use of your digital camera. You’ll finish the day in control of it, instead of the camera being in control of you!
- Enable you to understand and practise the skills of creating great compositions in your photography, using elements in the environment all around us;
- Provide the opportunity to spend a number of hours absorbed in your photography with no outside distractions and obligation – just your photography;
- Allow you to spend a day out in beautiful contryside or on a wonderful coastline.
Creating the perfect itinerary
We have a number of ready-to-go workshop itineraries that you can choose from, all in Devon, Somerset or Dorset. However, if you prefer to put together something completely of your own making then let us know and so we can discuss plans.
To see our premade plans click on the button below:
For one-to-one personalised photography courses we charge £250 for a half day or £350 for a full day.
For group tuition, we charge £250 for a half day or £350 for a full day for up to four people, and then an additional £65 per person above the four for a half-day, or £95 per additional person for a full-day.
We do not provide any courses less than half a day as we believe it is not possible to teach a worthwhile amount of photography in less than this.
See our pre-made itineraries by clicking the link below, and when you’re ready to book just fill in the booking form. If you’d like to have something different from what we offer here then just get in touch so we can discuss an alternative itinerary.