Day-by-day plans for Nigel’s 2021 Iceland photography tour
Dates: 18-24 September 2021
Here is the Iceland photo tour 2021 itinerary:
18 Sept: Arrive in Reykjavik. Photography around Reykjavik if arrival times allow. Accommodation in Reykjavik.
19 Sept: Leave Reykjavik and travel northwards to the magnificent rock arch at Hvitserkur, on the northwest coast. We will spend some time photographing here, as well as hopefully at some nearby seal colonies. Accommodation will be near Hvitserkur.
20 Sept: Leave Hvitserkur and head northeastwards to the harbour town of Husavik, on Iceland’s north coast. En route we will stop to photograph in the town of Akureyri, the Eyjafjördur fjord, and the spectacular Godafoss Falls. Accommodation will be in Husavik.
21 Sept: Weather permitting, a morning of whale-watching in the bay off Husavik. In the afternoon we’ll visit Dettifoss Falls and the Jökulsargljufur National Park. We’ll finish the day at Lake Myvatn. Accommodation will be around Lake Myvatn.
22 Sept: Photography around Lake Myvatn, the Krafla volcano and the Namafjall sulphataras and mudsprings. In the later afternoon heading west to countryside near Akureyri. Accommodation will be in the Akureyri area.
23 Sept: Travelling southwards through the very heart of Iceland’s inland Highlands, travelling through rugged mountain and lake landscapes. Along the way we will photograph Hveravellir hot-springs and Lake Hvitartvatn, as well as views of the Langjökull icecap to the west. The end of the Highlands route will be marked by a stop at the mighty Gullfoss Falls. We’ll then return to Reykjavik. Accommodation in Reykjavik, where the tour officially ends.
24 Sept: Return home.
Throughout the tour, at night we’ll be keeping a lookout for Northern Lights opportunities. Success here, of course, will depend on there being clear skies and good solar activity.
Note that the cost of the whale-watching tour will be charged during the tour, in case weather conditions don’t permit the boat trip, and giving anyone on the photography tour the option not to take part in this activity. At the time of writing, the cost is approx £80 per person, normally charged in Euros.
How to book and pay
To make a confirmed booking for the Iceland photo tour 2021, please supply us with your name(s) and all contact details, and pay a non-returnable deposit of £100.
Payment is by BACS bank transfer or credit/debit card only.
Please remember that your booking is not confirmed until the deposit has been received by us.
The remainder of the fee is payable by 31st July 2021.
If you would like to pay in instalments this is fine: please talk to us about this to arrange the instalments and to set up a standing order with your bank.
What is included:
- Nigel’s guiding and photography tuition skills throughout the tour;
- Bed and breakfast accommodation for six nights;
- Local transportation by minibus.
What is not included:
- International travel between your home area and Reykjavik;
- Any costs incurred in your home country;
- Meals during the tour, other than breakfast;
- Any insurance for yourself, your belongings or your camera equipment;
- Any personal purchases, such as alcoholic drinks, snacks other refreshments, souvenirs, gifts, etc;
- The cost of the whale-watching tour, which will be charged while we are in Iceland, and will be weather-dependent;
- The cost of any Covid tests, treatment or quarantine rules, whether known about in advance or imposed during the tour.