Photography across northern Iceland, incorporating whale watching
Due to the Covid-19 crisis the Iceland 2020 photography tour has been postponed, and will now run in September 2021, as detailed below.
Dates: 18-24 September 2021
Location: Iceland’s rugged north.
£1970.00 per person, on the basis of two people sharing. £190.00 single room supplement.
Note: The fee does not include the cost of the whale-watching trip (currently approx £80 per person). This will be charged separately during the tour.
A 5% discount is available off the price for confirmed bookings received before 31st December 2020.
Photography of Iceland’s north
An Iceland photography tour with Nigel Hicks. Six days/six nights spent exploring and photographing Iceland’s rugged north, ranging around the town of Akureyri (Iceland’s second largest urban area), the whale-watching centre of Husavik, the desolate inland Highlands, and much more besides.
Highlights will include:
● The magnificent rock arch of Hvitserkur, on the northwest coast;
● Whale-watching out of Husavik, Iceland’s whale-watching capital;
● Lake Myvatn and nearby Mt Krafla, a highly active volcano, along with nearby sulphataras and boiling mud pools;
● The spectacular Godafoss Falls and Dettifoss Falls, the latter Europe’s most powerful waterfall;
● The rugged mountain, lake and glacial landscapes of the inland Highlands, including the hot-spring area of Hveravellir;
● The autumn night skies’ Northern Lights (weather and activity permitting).
To see the full itinerary click here…>
How to book and pay
To make a confirmed booking, please supply us with your name(s) and all contact details, and pay a non-returnable deposit of £100.
Payment is by BACS bank transfer, credit/debit card or cheque only.
Please remember that your booking is not confirmed until the deposit has been received by us.
To take advantage of the 5% discount offer please be sure to make your confirmed booking before 31st Dec 2020.
The remainder of the fee is payable by 15 July 2021.
If you would like to pay in instalments this is fine: please talk to us about this to arrange the instalments and to set up a standing order with your bank.
What is included:
● Nigel’s guiding and photography tuition skills throughout the tour;
● Bed and breakfast accommodation for six nights;
● Local transportation by minibus.
What is not included:
● International travel between your home area and Reykjavik;
● Any costs incurred in your home country;
● Meals during the tour, other than breakfast;
● Any insurance for yourself, your belongings or your camera equipment;
● Any personal purchases, such as alcoholic drinks, snacks other refreshments, souvenirs, gifts, etc;
● The cost of the whale-watching tour, which will be charged while we are in Iceland, and will be weather-dependent.