Photography across northern Iceland, incorporating whale watching
Here are the details for our Iceland photography tour 2021.
Dates: 18-24 September 2021
Location: Iceland’s rugged north.
£1970.00 per person, on the basis of two people sharing. £190.00 single room supplement.
Note: The fee does not include the cost of the whale-watching trip (currently approx £80 per person). This will be charged separately during the tour.
Covid notice: Any money that you may have paid to reserve a place on this tour will be refunded if the tour has to be postponed or cancelled.
Photography of Iceland’s north
Our Iceland photography tour 2021, led by Nigel Hicks, covers six days/six nights and will be spent exploring and photographing Iceland’s rugged north. This will encompass the town of Akureyri (Iceland’s second largest urban area), the whale-watching centre of Husavik, the desolate inland Highlands, and much more besides.
Highlights will include:
- The magnificent rock arch of Hvitserkur, on the northwest coast;
- Whale-watching out of Husavik, Iceland’s whale-watching capital;
- Lake Myvatn and nearby Mt Krafla, a highly active volcano, along with nearby sulphataras and boiling mud pools;
- The spectacular Godafoss Falls and Dettifoss Falls, the latter Europe’s most powerful waterfall;
- Rugged mountain, lake and glacial landscapes of the inland Highlands, including the hot-spring area of Hveravellir;
- The autumn night skies’ Northern Lights (weather and activity permitting).
To see the full itinerary click here…>
How to book and pay
To make a confirmed booking for the Iceland photography tour 2021, please supply us with your name(s) and all contact details, and pay a non-returnable deposit of £100.
Payment is by BACS bank transfer or credit/debit card only.
Please remember that your booking is not confirmed until the deposit has been received by us.
The remainder of the fee is payable by 31st July 2021.
If you would like to pay in instalments this is fine: please talk to us about this to arrange the instalments and to set up a standing order with your bank.
What is included:
- Nigel’s guiding and photography tuition skills throughout the tour;
- Bed and breakfast accommodation for six nights;
- Local transportation by minibus.
What is not included:
- International travel between your home area and Reykjavik;
- Any costs incurred in your home country;
- Meals during the tour, other than breakfast;
- Any insurance for yourself, your belongings or your camera equipment;
- Any personal purchases, such as alcoholic drinks, snacks other refreshments, souvenirs, gifts, etc;
- The cost of the whale-watching tour, which will be charged while we are in Iceland, and will be weather-dependent;
- The cost of any Covid tests, treatment or quarantine rules, whether known about in advance or imposed during the tour.