All photographs on this site are copyright Nigel Hicks, unless otherwise stated. All designs are copyright Nigel Hicks Photography. Anyone wishing to use any of Nigel Hicks’s photographs, whether on this website or not, should contact Nigel for agreement of usage terms. To use any images without such prior agreement in writing is against copyright law. Please remember: the sale of photography services and the licensing of photographs is how Nigel makes his living, so please do not expect to be able to use any of his photographs for free!
Nigel is a qualified professional photographer, a member of the BIPP, qualified to Fellowship, the Institute’s highest level, ensuring high professional standards in photographic services.
Nigel shoots for National Geographic Creative. To see images and video clips he has with them available for commercial use click above.
Follow Nigel Hicks Photography on social media
A highly experienced and qualified photographer, shooting for National Geographic Creative.
Tel 01626 770181; Email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. All Nigel Hicks Photography courses are run by Nigel Hicks, and consist of close photographic tuition by Nigel Hicks.
2. To be sure of receiving a place on a course please fill in and submit the online one-day course booking form.
3. A place on any Nigel Hicks Photography course can only be confirmed once:
a) the participant's name has been supplied;
b) the desired course date(s) has been selected, and
c) payment of the course fee has been made either by cheque, PayPal or BACS, and the received funds have been cleared by the bank or PayPal.
4. All courses, particularly those involving landscape photography, include a certain amount of walking, sometimes over fairly rough ground. We do try to keep this to a minimum, but please be aware that anyone taking part will need to be able to walk at least one mile from the vehicle(s). The distance walked during any single day may amount in total to a couple of miles. Remember that rural and coastal paths are frequently steep and may be slippery, so care must be taken at all times. However, the views make it all very worthwhile!
5. Whilst we do everything we can to ensure the workshops are run in as safe a way and as safe an environment as possible, participants are responsible for the safety of themselves and their equipment. You are strongly advised to have your camera equipment insured for loss or damage when away from your home.
Nigel Hicks's time and tuition throughout the length of the one-day course (usually 10am to roughly 5-6pm, unless otherwise described in the course details).
Transportation to and from the course meeting place; local transportation around the day's photography venues; car-parking charges; admission charges; all food and drink, including lunch and snacks; insurance of any kind for yourself or your equipment.
Gift vouchers can be bought for the full cost of both scheduled one-day and bespoke courses, or can be used as part-payment against the cost of a tour.
You can book a specific course when buying a voucher or leave the dates open. If the dates are left open, the voucher recipient should contact us to book their course date(s).
Open date vouchers are valid for courses taking place within one year after purchase.
Your voucher will normally be sent to you by e-mail, but it can be printed and posted if you specify this.
Note that vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
Needless to say, we cannot guarantee the weather during any course. In the very unlikely event of bad weather making photography impossible we will attempt to continue with instruction (either theoretical or practical) indoors, but no refunds will be given.
If for any reason you find yourself forced to cancel your booking, you can reschedule for a later course. Alternatively, you can ask for a refund. A full refund will be given if you notify us more than one month beforehand. Cancellations between one month and 7 days before the course will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately we cannot refund fees if you cancel less than 7 days before the course.
If Nigel Hicks is forced to cancel or postpone a course, those people already booked on it will be offered places on other, similar courses. If these are not suitable then full refunds will be given.
If you do find yourself in a dispute with us about either a booking or a payment, we will always do our utmost to ensure that it’s possible to resolve that dispute together amicably and informally. However, in the unlikely event that you feel unable to get a satisfactory resolution then you can take your case to the European Union’s Online Dispute Resolution service. You can find out about this by clicking here…>
Whilst we will take every care to ensure your health and safety during the course, Nigel Hicks Photography cannot accept liability for any illness or accidents occurring before, during or after the course, nor are we responsible for the safety of personal belongings and camera equipment.
|UK and Abroad|
|Architecture and interiors|
|Travel and tourism|
|SW England Photography|
|UK and abroad photography|
|Architecture and interiors photography|
|Travel and tourism photography|
|Journey through the Philippines|
|The Philippines: The Most Beautiful Places|
|The Panda's Tale|
|Gift Voucher Purchase|
|Talks and lectures|
|One day courses programme|
|Royal Photographic Society Courses|
|Isles of Scilly tour 2018|
|Ladakh tour 2018|
|Tour booking form|
|Photo tour reviews|
|Iceland tour 2018|